Sunday, October 1, 2017

September Wrap Up

Books Read
Night and Day by Virginia Woolf   3/5 stars (my discussion here)

The Black Goatee by the Little sisters 4/5 stars  (my review here)

Audio Books Completed
The Rise of the Automated Aristocrats by Mark Hodder   4/5 stars    (my review here)

The Chilbury Ladies' Choir by Jennifer Ryan 5/5 stars (my review here)

A Pattern of Lies by Charles Todd 4/5 stars
Bess becomes involved with a family being persecuted by gossip and slander, and helps to find who is responsible.  Not the most mysterious of plots, as it was easy to figure out, but still well written and engaging.  I enjoy Todd's style, and am fond of the characters.

The Case of the Missing Servant by Tarquin Hall 5/5 stars  (my review here)

Latter End by Patricia Wentworth  4/5 stars
The new mistress of Latter End has everyone turned against her.  When she is found poisoned, the suspects are numerous. Wentworth sets up the mystery excellently by giving the reader a solid introduction to the family.  Once the murder happens, Miss Silver enters and unravels the clues, giving a most satisfying solution.

The Case of the Man Who Died Laughing by Tarquin Hall 4/5 stars (my review here)

Time to Murder and Create by Lawrence Block 4/5 stars  (my review here)