Thursday, June 30, 2022

June 2022 Wrap Up


Books Read:
Before the Fact by Francis Iles (1932)
5/5 stars  (my review here)

The Honorable Algernon Knox, Detective by E. Phillips Oppenheim (1913/1920)  3/5 stars (my review here

The Zeppelin's Passenger or Mr. Lessingham Goes Home by E. Phillips Oppenheim (1918)  4/5 stars (my review here)

The Amiable Charlatan by E. Phillips Oppenheim (1915)  4/5 stars (my review here)

The Great Impersonation by E. Phillips Oppenheim (1920)  4/5 stars  (my review here)

Ambrose Lavendale, Diplomat by E. Phillips Oppenheim (1920)  3/5 stars 
My review for this will be published later, paired with the Oppenheim thriller that I'm currently reading.

Audio Books Completed:
Armadale by Wilkie Collins (1866)  5/5 stars  (my review here

The Leavenworth Case by Anna Katharine Green (1878)  3/5 stars (my review here)

Did Not Finish:
The Golden Bowl by Henry James
I have thoroughly enjoyed James in the past, and was enjoying this one as well.  However, it's a rather dense and meaty book and I felt like I was missing a lot, and that it didn't work well on audio.  I own it, so I'm sure I'll read it at some point.

Tess of the d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
I've read this several times, and listened to a few hours, but I just wasn't in the mood for tragedy.

The Inevitable Millionaires by E. Phillips Oppenheim
I've been on an Oppenheim binge of late, but this lighthearted story wasn't what I wanted it.  I dropped it and went on to a more serious novel of suspense and espionage.