Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Wishes

 Top Ten Tuesday is a feature hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl.

Today's Top Ten Tuesday top is "Bookish Wishes", with the instructions to list the top ten books you wish you owned.

These five are some of my newest wishes:
The Jane Austen Escape Room Book by Marjolein Bastin (2023)
This illustrated book supposedly combines the characters of Pride and Prejudice with puzzles to solve, with Bastin's gorgeous artwork.  I'm intrigued!




The World Cloud Classics edition of Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf (1925, 2022)
Mrs. Dalloway is among my top favorite novels, and the World Cloud Classics editions are so gorgeous, that this was love at first sight for me.




The Word Cloud Classics edition of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll (1871, 2016)
The situation is exactly that of Mrs. Dalloway -- a favorite book, a gorgeous edition.






The Big Book of Christmas Mysteries edited by Otto Penzler (2013)
I have another volume edited by Penzler (The Big Book of Female Detectives) which, while I haven't completely finished,  I have thoroughly enjoyed.  As I love holiday mysteries, I'd love to have this one sometime.



One Pair of Hands: Upstairs and Downstairs, Seen Through the Eyes of an Ex-Debutante Turned Cook by Monica Dickens (1939)
One reading of the title, which says it all, and my interest was totally piqued -- it raises so many questions!

While these five have been on my list the longest:
These two are from the Furrowed Middlebrow imprint of Dean Street Press, which I wish-listed in 2018.  I don't even know what they are about, but I've loved all I have discovered via this publisher, and am eager to try new ones.



Lastly are three short story collections, edited by Martin Edwards, from the British Library Crime Classics series.  They've also been on my list since 2018, about the time I fell in love with the BLCC

  


comments are temporarily disabled