Sunday, January 16, 2011

Graphic Novels Challenge


Okay, just one more challenge. . . . Ever since I started the Sandman series in December I have fallen in love with the medium of the graphic novel. I don't know if it's just Gaiman's writing that makes it so fabulous, or it is really is a great medium, but my intent is to read more and find out. Then, I stumbled across this challenge, the Graphic Novels Challenge 2011. Perfect way to encourage me to do what I was going to do anyway: read! :D

The level of participation:
Beginner (3 comics or graphic novels)
Intermediate (3-10 books)
Expert (10+)

I'm going for the Intermediate. I think I can easily read four new-to-me graphic novels, and possibly more. I'd like to eventually review one of the Sandman novels so that I can show how simply fantastic they are, and rereads are okay for this challenge, so I might easily make ten. Look forward to trying though!

*a post on my view of graphic novels

Graphic Novels Read:
1. 300 by Frank Miller and Lynn Varley. (my review here)
2. Fables Vol. 1: Legends in Exile by Bill Willingham and Lan Medina. (my review here)
3. Fables Vol. 2: Animal Farm by Bill Willingham and Mark Buckingham. (my review here)
4.Rapunzel's Revenge by Dean and Shannon Hale, illustrated by Nathan Hale. Read 25 January 2011. (my review here)

Woot! Beginner level completed 25 January 2010! On to Intermediate!

5. Calamity Jack by Dean and Shannon Hale, illustrated by Nathan Hale. Read 26 January 2011. (my review here)
6. Britten and Brülightly by Hannah Berry. Read 27 January 2011. (my review here)
7. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Vol. 1 by Alan More, author and Kevin O'Neill, illustrator. Read 30 January 2011. (my review here)
8. Locke & Key Volume 1: Welcome to Lovecraft  by Joe Hill, author and Gabriel Rodriguez, illustrator.  Read 25 February 2011. (my review here)
9. Locke & Key Volume 2: Head Games by Joe Hill, author and Gabriel Rodriguez, illustrator.  Read 8 March 2011.(my review here)
10. Veils by Pat McGreal.  Read 16 March 2011. (review)
Intermediate level completed 16 March 2011!

11.  American Vampire, Volume One by Scott Snyder and Stephen King, illustrated by Rafael Albuquereque. Read 24 March 2011.  (review)