Monday, May 15, 2017

Wedding Stories, edited by Diana Secker Tesdell

Wedding Stories
editor: Diana Secker Tesdell
4 Stars


This is an attractively bound collection of stories that center around weddings.  It has a lovely dust jacket and an attached ribbon bookmark.  It would make a perfect gift.

It contains a nice mix of authors, old and new, giving the reader a variety of styles to sample.  As a result, each reader should be able to find at least one story that appeals.

What I dislike about this collection is that it includes excerpts from novels as well as the short stories.  Excerpts can be hard to read, as much is missed that came before the incident being presented.  I found on three occasions that I simply could not enjoy the excerpt because I did not know what the characters already knew.  Had this book been solely short stories, it would be a 5 star collection.

(Note: I did not finish reading this collection because I did not finish reading the novel excerpts.)