Wednesday, February 28, 2018

February 2018 Wrap Up

Books Read:
Elmet by Fiona Mozley  4/5 stars  (my review here)

Audio Books Completed:
In Farleigh Field by Rhys Bowen  4/5 stars  (my review here)

Castle in the Air by Diana Wynn Jones   4/5 stars (my review here)

The Bette Davis Club by Jane Lotter  4/5 stars  (my review here)

A Monstrous Regiment of Women by Laurie R. King 3/5 stars
This second in the Mary Russell/Sherlock Holmes series started off so slowly that I nearly abandoned it.  Once it picked up, in the second half, it was a good tale.  Like the first, it reads a bit like fan-fiction, but then don't we all want to be Holmes' MarySue?

Ikigai: The Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life by Héctor García and Francesc Miralles   2/5 stars (my review here)

Did Not Finish:
The Unexpected Inheritance of Inspector Chopra by Vaseem Khan
I listened to over half of this mystery, and it was a good book up to that point.  However, it continually hit three emotional triggers for me and I just couldn't comfortably listen to it.  I would recommend it to people who love books set in today's India, and that don't get emotional over animals.