Tuesday, October 30, 2018

October 2018 OwlCrate

I got this month's OwlCrate, as I was intrigued by the subject, Lost in the Library, and by the promise of a Pride and Prejudice retelling.  

The crate contained two books, Pride by Ibi Zaboi (see my review here), and Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa. 

Also included were a packet of tea and an infuser, book socks with "book nerd" on the soles, an original print of the Mirror of Erised, and a canvas clutch big enough to hold a book. 

While I liked the items in the crate, especially as they were not fandom-based except the Harry Potter print, I was disappointed with the books.  Pride I found impossible to finish, and Shadow of the Fox does not appeal to me at this time (though I may be in the mood for YA fantasy at a later date).  I also did not like the books in the last few OwlCrates I got last year, so I doubt I will order another; it seems our book tastes do not coincide any more.