Thursday, January 13, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Recent Additions to My Book Collection

(I'm a couple days late with this one) 

Tuesday's Top Ten Tuesday topic was "most recent additions to my book collection".  I was rather prudent in 2021, and these are all I can remember buying.



Books 1-5  These are a set of Penelope Fitzgerald's novels in matching editions: The Bookshop, Offshore, the Gate of Angels, the Golden Child, and the Blue Flower.  I read the Bookshop years ago, and remember liking it, so when I saw these at our local used bookstore, I grabbed them all.


Books 6-9  I've been a fan of George MacDonald, one of C.S. Lewis' inspirations, since high school and have a few really nice editions of his work.  I found the Wise Woman at our local used bookstore years ago, but this year I discovered it was part of a set.  I was thrilled to find a reasonably price, lightly used, complete set on ebay in November.  They are each a collection of fantasy short stories.


Book 10 I read Britten and Brulightly years ago, and it wowed me.  I was reminded of it during a discussion of graphic novels and, after recommending it to a friend, decided I needed to buy a copy and reread it myself.



(Bonus: Book 11) The Oaken Heart is written by one of my favorite Golden Age mystery writers, Margery Allingham, and is the true account of her experiences in her small East Anglian village during World War II.  I've not read it yet, but I'm quite looking forward to it.

Top Ten Tuesday is a long-running weekly blog prompt, currently hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.