Saturday, April 1, 2017

March Wrap Up

March Wrap-Up

A surfeit of Bollywood explains my low numbers this month.

Books Read:
The Celebrity at Home (1904) by Violet Hunt   4/5 stars  (my review here)

Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor    4/5 stars (my review here)

Long Black Veil by Jennifer Finney Boylen    3/5 stars (my review here)

Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller  3/5 stars (my review here)

Final Girls by Riley Sager    4/5 stars (my review here)

Audio Books Completed:
Eligible by Curtis Sittenfield    3/5 stars
This is an enjoyable modern retelling of Pride and Prejudice that bogs down toward the end, giving it a weaker conclusion than expected.

The Jupiter Myth by Lindsey Davis    4/5 stars
Still in Britain with his family, Falco comes across a dead man he recognizes from his last case, and finds himself involved in the burgeoning British crime racket.  As with most of the Falco mysteries, it is engrossing, humorous, and good reading from beginning to end.

The Strange Affair of Spring Heeled Jack by Mark Hodder    5/5 stars  (my review here)
This reread was the best book of the month.

Ten Second Staircase by Christopher Fowler   3/5 stars
This is the fourth in the Bryant and May series, and it wasn't particularly impressive due to a mystery that wasn't convincing.  While I really like the characters of Bryant and May, I'm not sure if I'll continue with this series.


Did Not Finish:
A Cabinet of Ancient Medical Curiosities by J.C. McKeown (my review here)