Thursday, September 19, 2024

Tell Me Something Tuesday: Comfort Reads



Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion hosted by Jen at That's What I'm Talking About


I'm a couple of days late, but this week's discussion is "do you have a go-to comfort book?" and the answer to that is a definite yes!

I am a firm believer in rereading.  In fact, if I had to pick between never rereading and never reading a new-to-me book, I'd give up new books in a heartbeat.  I love the excitement of a new book, of course, but the comfort and certainty of an old favorite can't be beat.

Agatha Christie is a long-time comfort read for me, especially on audio with Hugh Frasier narrating.  Even when I remember the plot well, it's a pleasure to follow along and see what clues I've missed in previous readings. 





The Anne of Green Gables series is another I reread for comfort.  I'm currently rereading the first on audio now, and may continue through the whole series again.  The beautiful descriptions, the easy-to-love characters, and the sweet plots bring me such joy.





Jane Austen is my other comfort read.  There's no need to try to explain how wonderful an author she is, others have done it far better, but it was love at first read when I was introduced to her in high school.  (I'm currently in the middle of a leisurely reread of Emma, with lots of notetaking and highlighting.) 




How about you?  Do you reread for comfort?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there and thanks for commenting! Sometimes Blogger flags comments as spam despite my settings, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, it may be that I will have to manually approve it. I look forward to chatting with you!