Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Shelf Control: A Passage to India

Shelf Control is a weekly feature hosted by Literary Potpourri to discuss unread books sitting in our to-be-read piles.


I'm ashamed to admit this, but, as much as I love Room with a View and Howard's End, I have never read A Passage to India!  I own it, I've intended to read it, I even started the audio version once, but. . . . I'm intimidated by it.


According to Wikipedia:
A Passage to India is a 1924 novel by English author E. M. Forster set against the backdrop of the British Raj and the Indian independence movement in the 1920s

and includes a situation that 

brings to a boil common racial tensions and prejudices between Indians and the British during the colonial era.


If you've read it, let me know how it stacks up to my favorite Forster novels and if it's worth reading.  I feel like I'm probably missing out, but the subject matter just appears heavy and makes me hesitant to start!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there and thanks for commenting! Sometimes Blogger flags comments as spam despite my settings, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, it may be that I will have to manually approve it. I look forward to chatting with you!