Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Shelf Control: To the Letter

Shelf Control is a weekly feature hosted by Literary Potpourri to discuss unread books sitting in our to-be-read piles.



 

To the Letter: A Celebration of the Lost Art of Letter Writing 
Simon Garfield
2013

I found this one at the Dollar Tree a few years ago, before they (or at least our region) stopped carrying adult books.  I was immediately caught by the subtitle, as I am both a lover of social history and a letter writer, myself.  Apparently, the author gives a history of the art, discusses epistolary novels, and introduces famous letter writers, among other things.  It has mostly good reviews on Goodreads, and though rather lengthy, appears to be easy to read and entertaining.  I'm thinking I need to bump this up one up on the to-be-read pile.